Paper Woes and Carousels

 

 I have a lot of patterned paper.  A LOT.  I was a Stampin' Up demonstrator for over 10 years and accumulated so much beautiful paper that I didn't stand a chance of being able to use it all.  And I refuse to get rid of it because...  well that is a problem for another day.  So, when I saw a YouTube post by Justine Hovey to use up a paper stack, I decided to try it.  

I pulled out a paper pack that I absolutely love, but never found a reason to use - Stampin' Up Cupcakes and Carousels 6 x 6 designer series paper stack from 2017.  It is an eclectic mix of fun bold pastels and there is a cute sheet with carousel horses on it that I just KNEW I would use.  Ahem...

Cupcakes and Carousels Designer Series Paper Stack, Stampin' Up!, Brian King

(Thanks to Brian King for use of photo from his blog)

 

 So I spent a day putting together a large stack of 36 cards.  Once I got going I just couldn't stop!  

I used SU Hand Penned Petals with Penned Flowers dies, Nature's Harvest stamp set with Harvest dies, Iconic die set, Seasonal Sentiments die set, Friendly Hello stamp set, Altenew Paint-a-Flower: Coral Sunset stamp set, Paint-a-Flower Chamomile stamp set, and Tonic Compassion & Poppies die set.  I colored with Copic and Stampin' Blends alcohol ink markers, used Stampin' Write markers, embossing paste with stencils, and metallic gold paper. 

 







Aren't those fun???!!!  This was such a great project, but was I successful?   Yes, to a point.  Lots of beautiful cards, but I still have almost half of the paper stack left!  I will be trying this again with a more masculine stack very soon.

💜 to you all and happy crafting!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours