Beginning to Feel Like Fall, but Not Really

Last night the outdoor temperature was lower than our indoor temperature.  I know that sound strange, but here in Texas it's a real seasonal milestone. At our house we keep our thermostat at 75 at night (78 in the day) so when it finally gets low enough the we can consider opening the windows at night it's a day of celebration. It finally starts my mind moving toward fall.  Then this afternoon it is 92, so we go back in summer mode.

I have been looking through some not-as-old stamp sets and found this true classic set from fall 2021 by The Greetery - All Blessings Flow.  The beautiful sentiment is so full of depth and meaning for me and I love the wreath-building greenery that accompanies it.


I decided to stamp the sentiment in Stampin' Up Shaded Spruce ink on heavy weight white card stock. I stamped the stems on the same paper in Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, and Shaded Spruce inks and fussy cut them with EK Tools small precision scissors.  I have had these scissors for well over 10 years and they are still a fantastic and reliable cutting tool.

 


 

Next, I used the Simon Says Stamp Gingham stencil for the background.  I inked it with Stampin' Up Crushed Curry and Cinnamon Cider inks.

I arranged the stems and then used Stampin' Up linen thread to anchor the corner and glued them down with Tombow Aqua liquid glue.  I mounted the panel on Shaded Spruce card stock and offset it to the side to keep focus on the sentiment.  Lastly, I added some Pinkfresh Peach Fuzz jewels, which shimmers in a beautiful yellowy-peach.


 On the second card, I stamped the same sentiment in Shaded Spruce on heavy weight cardstock.  I pulled out the Honey Bee Scattered Leaves 2-part stencil and used the detail sheet on the background with Stampin' Up Terracotta Tile and Ranger Distress Aged Mahogany inks.

 


I pulled some more stems from the stack I previously cut and adhered them with 3M mounting foam in a wreath-like (frame-like? Not really sure?) pattern.  I mounted the panel on Shaded Spruce card stock and added drops from The Robin's Nest dew drops Mouse set. 

 

 

I am very pleased with how these turned out.  I love love love this stamp set, and it was so fun to play it up with some interesting backgrounds and colors.

Thanks for visiting, and have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours