Fall is in the air

September is here and Texas has cooled to fall temperatures in a hurry.  55 yesterday!  Time to play outside until it heats up again, as it always does.

The first card uses some new fall items from Simon Says Stamp and one old Stampin Up stamp.

I started with a base of Strathmore Bristol watercolor paper.  I brushed the background through the new SSS Autumn Splendor stencil with Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Mint Macaron and Chocolate Chip.  The sentiment and pumpkins are from the new SSS Pumpkin Spice Season stamp set, embossed in SU gold on Mint Macaron card stock.  The pumpkins are colored with Cajun Craze Stampin' Blends and Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker.  Last, the coffee cup is from retired SU stamp set Merry Cafe.

 



This card is being entered into:

Hand Stamped Sentiments, Festive Friday Challenge (leaves, gold, green, brown), the Watercooler Challenge, and Sunday Stamps.

 

 

My second fall card today uses all Stampin' Up stamps.

I started with a base of SU Whisper White card stock.  I stamped the background from Truly Grateful stamp set with Smoky Slate ink.  The sunflower is from Painted Harvest stamped in So Saffron and Crushed Curry with a center of Chocolate Chip (since I had it out!).  I fussy-cut the flower and attached it with Dimentionals (why can I not spell that???? geez).  The sentiment and acorns also from Painted Harvest stamped in Old Olive, Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip.  The base is Smoky Slate card stock.

 


This card will be entered into Paper Craft Crew Challenge, Fusion Challenge, and The Card Concept Challenge.

 One last look (please ignore the cat hair, I'm crafting and don't care :))



 Thanks for visiting!  Jean

Comments

Karen Brown said…
I live in Texas too and love the cool front that arrived. Your stenciled fall card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen
Jan Musselman said…
I have always loved this sunflower. Such a pretty card. Thanks for Joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!
Heather said…
Both so pretty, Jeanie, but love the one in our colors - the stenciling is so gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!
Both cards are beautiful! I love the look of the sunflowers against the stamped background. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept!
Fiona said…
I lived in Texas for three years and this time of year, apart from the hurricanes, was definitely my favourite thanks to the cooler weather - a lovely card for our sketch at Hand Stamped Sentiments - thanks for joining us
Created by Kath said…
I love the stenciled background! Thank you for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT
Ooh! Love the stenciled background and the colors. So glad you were inspired by our sketch. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.
Both of your cards are gorgeous! Makes me long for for Fall! I love the leaves and the cooler days. So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!
LeAnne said…
Beautiful cards! I love the Painted Harvest...it's one of my favorite sets and that sunflower is so happy and cheery! Thanks for playing with our Card Concept challenge this week!
Heidi Baks said…
Fall is a great time to get together for coffee. Love your layout - clean and beautiful. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.
Kim said…
I love both of your cards!! They are perfect fall cards! Thank you for joining the Paper Craft Crew!
Beautiful!!! Love the background! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours