Oh, nuts!

 

 Happy fall, y'all!

To celebrate the changing season, I pulled out a tried-and-true favorites: Hello Bluebird Pathway and Oh Nuts stamp sets. 

 

 
I stamped the images on X-pressit Blending Card with Momento tuxedo black ink. I knew I was going to make a slimline card, so before I started coloring I mapped out what sections of the background I was going to use in the final project.  I very lightly marked them on the background in pencil and started coloring!
 
 

 These are the Copic colors I used for this project.

 
 
I cut out the squares....
 
 
 
Then I die cut the slimline, colored the frame, and assembled the background.  Note to self: cut the squares a little bigger than your pencil line to fill the whole hole!


 
 
Next, I stamped the squirrels on the inner remnants of the die, because why waste good paper!
 

 
 
I colored and die cut the squirrels.
 


 
And pieced it all together with foam tape.  Lastly, I colored the outline of the pieces to blend in with the background so they didn't look white around the edges.  Thanks to Kelly Taylor for that little trick!  I also put Stampin' Up crystal effects lacquer on the outer frame.  If I had thought about it sooner I would have used a clear embossing powder or clear paste, but since it was already assembled.... 🤷

 
 
I think it turned out sooo cute, came together surprisingly quickly, and I love using supplies I already have in new ways!
 
Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
 
Jean

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours