Christmast Kickstart #1 - 2020

When I saw the Christmas Kickstart Challenge last week I thought it would be fun to try.  Especially since it is late spring (and already feeling like summer) and the garden is in and veggies are growing (I have tomatoes on the vine, ya'll!) and spring flowers pruned back.  I literally got a sunburn today from pruning back my front hedge!


https://christmaskickstartchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/04/christmas-kickstart-challenge-challenge.html

The challenge is to do a scenic winter wonderland card:



I used the Stampin Up Snowfront stamp set on Whisper White card stock and Grey Granite, Mossy Meadow, and Early Espresso inks.  The sentiment is from SU retired Christmas Bliss stamp set, fussy-cut, and adhered with dementionals.  The front is mounted on a lovely gingham paper from SU retired Merry Little Christmas paper.  I couldn't help myself because what is Christmas without colored lights!!, so I added some lights to the tree and eaves of the cabin with my Stickles stash.

This stamp set has so many possibilities, but I tried to keep it simple.  Of course, we don't usually get snow for the holidays here in Texas (and there are no mountains in most of the state either), but a cabin in the woods would be such a perfectly peaceful way to spend Christmas holidays.

Thanks for visiting and take care!!!

Jean

PS: Just a reminder, Mother's Day is next Sunday, May 10th!


Comments

Jane said…
That's a pretty little scene you've built up. Sparkly baubles on the tree too. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay home and craft instead!

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours