Happy Mother's Day




What a beautiful day to celebrate our Moms and the people that have been Moms to us through our lives.  Of course we are doing it while sending air hugs and waving over Zoom meetings,  but the sentiment is there.  I sent my Mother and MIL each a card and I thought I would share. 

Of course, I found a challenge to enter into.  Hand Stamped Sentiments had a layout that I ended up using (actually, I designed the card then realized that it matched the layout, but whatevs).







I discovered Kelly Latevola and have been watching MANY of her amazing videos on YouTube.  I am a very beginner at overlapping stamps, using masking, and water coloring but I am very happy with how this came out.

I used Altenew's Remember This layered stamp set for all but the purple flowers.  Those are from a retired SU Peaceful Petals set.  The ink is SU Petal Pink, Blushing Bride, Rococo Rose, Seaside Spray, Dapper Denim, Night of Navy, So Saffron, Pineapple Punch and Mint Macaron, Pear Pizazz, and Old Olive for the leaves and stems.  I water colored a little Smoky Slate around the flowers and Highland Heather for the stalk.  Then it all started to bleed out.  I tried dabbing.  I tried blowing it dry.  I tried adding Gorgeous Grape to give definition.  Nada.  So, I stamped it again and used my SU Stampin' Blends in Purple Posy and Highland Heather then fussy-cut and glued it on.  Much better and now there is a little 3D texture going on too!

The sentiment is from an old SU Monthly kit.  I layered everything on SU Dapper Denim and Petal Pink and called it done.  The masking took a LONG time but I got the look I wanted and doing the background water coloring was much easier with masks on.  I'll keep on trying!

Thanks for visiting!
Jean

Comments

What a lovely card! I love you used the Dapper Denim for the main flower then surrounded it with other soft colors. So pretty! Thanks for sharing your mother's day card with Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours