Summer Flowers

Happy Friday!

Here in north Texas it is hot. Really hot.  No, hotter than that.  It is 100 in the shade with high humidity hot.  I am so thankful for air conditioning and a roof over my head and not having to be out in this all. day. long.  So grateful!

I worked on a couple cards last night with my Zillo craft group, and finished 2 before I called it done.

I started with a piece of SU Whisper White card stock.  I wet embossed the lattice mask with SU Shimmery White Embossing Paste mixed with a little Flirty Flamingo ink.  While that dried I stamped the flower from Altenew Beautiful Lady stamp set with Versamark black ink and embossed with clear.  This has become my go-to method to ensure my ink doesn't  smear while I color. I colored the flower (which is called Lantana and is a staple in my landscape - it is impossible to kill, loves the hot temperatures, and has no pests that I have seen in 20 years!)  with Stampin' Up Stampin' Write markers in Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody and Green Apple Green.  I fussy-cut this and set it aside.  The sentiments are also from Beautiful Lady and are embossed onto Flirty Flamingo cardstock.


Here is a pic of my Lantanas in my yard.  They really are multicolored floral brackets, and yes, I colored upsidedown.  Sigh.


This card is for Global Design Project, Festive Friday (pink, green, polka dots, flower, embossing and sparkle), The Card Concept, and The Flower Challenge (Summer).



The second card is a slimline that is 3.5 x 7.5 inches.  The base and sentiment are on SU Daffodil Delight card stock.  I stamped the flowers from Altenew Wild Flora in Versamark black with clear embossing.  I colored these with SU Stampin' Write markers Merry Merlot, Berry Burst, Melon Mambo and Flirty Flamingo with Crushed Curry and Daffodil Delight centers, then the leaves with Smoky Slate and Basic Grey.  I cut the sheet into 'quarters' and popped it up with Dimentionals.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up Thanks for the Laughs set. I spritzed the background with Daffodil Delight and Smoky Slate with my VERY old but still loved SU Spritzer tool.


This card is being entered into Fusion - Floral Cupcakes and Less is More Challenge,


In case you were curious and wanted to know what kind of flowers these are, they are Coreopsis.  This variety is from Jackson and Perkins and is what I based my card colors on.


One last look at today's cards.


Thanks for visiting and I wish you all a happy, cool, and healthy weekend!
Jean

Comments

Neets B said…
Two really pretty cards and I love how you've based them both on your own flowers. At Less is More we do prefer to see a little more untouched white space on our entries but I love the tall card and how you've sectioned it off and added dimension, it's so effective. Thanks so much for sharing with us and please do join us again, Anita x
Nancy Penir said…
Jeanie, I love lantanas, so your darling card caught my eye in the Card Concept lineup. Both cards are beauties, but oh, how I love the colors of the lantana card. So glad you played along for the first summer challenge.
Aileen said…
Two fantastic cards, love that you put the photos there to show the similarilty my favourite being the first in the soft orange/yellow and pink and looks perfect with the embossing paste. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam
Ann Schach said…
Beautiful cards, Jeanie! I LOVE how you based the colors on flowers form your garden. The embossing paste adds great texture. Thank you for sharing at Festive Friday this week!
Laurie Unger said…
Lovely take on the sketch part of the Fusion Challenge. Thanks for playing along!

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours