Happy Independence Day, USA!

I know not everyone feels like celebrating America's birthday this year, but I think it is so important to celebrate what we, as a country, have achieved and the desire and ability to change the things that still need to be addressed.  So, for this holiday, without any fireworks (which is good because it was 105 here this afternoon and promises to be no cooler tomorrow), I made a card.  Well, I made 2.  Then I made a few more.  Thank you Zoom craft buddies for getting me to the table!!

The first card(s) are to celebrate summer and the 4th.

The first card I used all Stampin' Up paper.  I put a layer of Night of Navy on the top half and a layer of Garden Green on the bottom half.  I die cut the sunset in Daffodil Delight and sponged it with Rococco Rose and Terracotta Tile.  Then I stamped the very cute kiddos with Versamark black and clear embossing powder.  I can't remember who made the stamp, but I think I got it at a stamp convention one-off in about 2002! I colored with Stampin Write markers and fussy-cut it.  The sentiment is part of the original stamp.



The second card was made because I didn't LURVE the first one so I wanted to try something different.

I started out using the negative of my die cut and sponged the orange rays in SU! Roccoco Rose and Terracotta Tile.  Then I sponged the yellow rays with Daffodil Delight.  When I got towards the middle I did a quick mask to cover the kid's area and finished sponging.  I stamped the kids in Versamark black and embossed with clear powder then colored the kids with Stampin' Write and Stampin' Blends markers, because I like lots of color options and was going for diversity!


Which one do you like better?

RRCB 138


The next design was made for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #442.  I got to use a brand new Altenew stamp set, Floral Garden on SU Whisper White card stock.  I stamped in Versamark Black and embossed with clear powder.  The pink flower was stamped first, then masked while I stamped the other two stems and leaves.  The sentiment comes from the Altenew Wild Flora.

I had intended to watercolor this image, but then I realized Oops I had stamped on card stock instead of watercolor paper so I switched to Stampin' Blends.  Just go with the flow, right?!!


This one will be entered into

The last card was fun and a stash raid at the same time!  I did it for the CAS Double challenge.  I really liked the design they put forth, but the challenging part was the color combo, Retired Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Apricot Appeal.  I raided my stamp pad stash and pulled out ALL THREE and then my Stampin' Write markers and had 2/3 of them.  BTW, I need to find some Apricot Appeal reinker because my marker is almost too dry to use.

I decided to make my own colored paper, so I "smooshed" a piece of white card stock on each of the ink pads.  I just want to make a note here that I have 2 full sheets of Apricot Appeal paper still, but I didn't want to use it because... well then I wouldn't have 2 full sheets anymore. And the strips would look different.  I might be hoarding my card stock.  Anyhoo...  I "smooshed" and let it dry then cut my strips.  The stamp is Altenew Lavender Bud stamped in Apricot Appeal and Certainly Celery then over-stamped with Versamark Clear and clear embossing powder.  I used to do this by hand, but it is SOO much easier with the Stamparatus!!  The flower looks so stately by itself that I decided not to add a sentiment.  The Crumb Cake background paper was literally sitting on my desk already cut (discarded) from a previous project and I loved it with the colors so there you go!  The flower was popped up with Dimensionals and I called it done!  Aside from drying the inked card stock this one was quick and simple.


I am entering this one into


To all Americans, Happy Independence Day!  To everyone, have a great weekend! <3
Jean

Comments

I like your second Home of the Brave card best, both are good, but I like the dog with the brown spots! lol, reminds me more of my beagle.
Jacquie Southas said…
Love your beautiful flowers on the second card! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!
karen h said…
Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S! Great CAS style!
Amy O said…
These are all such pretty cards! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!
Patricia Hays said…
I totally understand about the cardstock hoarding! I have only a sheet or two of several long-retired SU colors, but I can't bear to use them because then - gasp! - they'll be gone! Like it really matters in the grand scheme of life. LOL Anyway, you've done a wonderful job with your last card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CC&S! :)
JulieP said…
Beautifully done! I have less than a normal handful of SU products so I’m always searching my stash. You nailed both challenges !
JulieP said…
And thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S challenge blog!
LeAnne said…
You've been a busy stamper! All of these are just lovely!
creative lady said…
Lovely cards. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours