Its a Beautiful Day

It is a beautiful day and I spent a little time at the craft table to play with my toys :)


I used the Altenew Beautiful Day stamp set on SU! Whisper White card stock with black Versamark ink, then embossed with clear SU! embossing powder.  The flower was stamped first, then I masked it and did the background stamps.  I used SU! Bermuda Bay, Mint Macaron and Pool Party (double-stamped to give it a lighter hue) Classic inks to layer the flower.  The sentiment is from the Altenew Poppy Paint-a-Flower set.  I mounted it on a SU! Crumb Cake background.


This was not the first version of the card.  I actually made 3 total.  Here is where things went wrong!
  1. If you are masking you must mask each time, not just once.  I decided to add a couple flourishes to fill a little empty space above the floral stem and forgot to put the mask back on.  Oops.
  2. Versamark ink does not dry as quickly as SU! ink, and smears. A lot.  So when I stamped the sentiment (last) and decided not to emboss it, then mounted it on the background card it smeared. A lot.
  3. My hands were covered with ink by the time I was done.  It got all over the base of the card. Sigh.
  4. Whisper White craft ink is not white-out.  I tried.  I thought it had worked, but then it dried.  Nope.
  5. I almost exclusively use Tombow Aqua Liquid Glue.  For some reason it shows right through the card stock.  I'll have to look into this little problem.
  6. When it doubt, make another one and glue it on top!  Artist in the works here people!


Challenge Tags:


It was still not perfect, but they rarely are.  Art is a learning and growing experience.  I never thought I'd be using the word artist and Jeanie in the same sentence, but I am and it is exciting.  Have a great day!!

Comments

Jane said…
Done all those things you mention that went wrong. I'm particularly bad at smearing ink everywhere. Turned out alright in the end though, a really pretty card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!
Chris Smith said…
This is such a beautiful, striking card! I like your story about it too - I can totally relate...
perfectly4med said…
Such a familiar story! This process is normally hidden and certainly applies to me when I'm doing my DT cards..... A lovely card, with great colouring. Thanks for playing along with our outline and solid theme at Less is More.

Neil
Your final result turned out beautifully. I was really laughing out loud as I ready your post. Thanks for that. Thanks for joining us at Less is More with your fabulous card.
Jenny Engelke said…
Just Gorgeous!!!! I absolutely love that only the flower is colored and the rest is black and white....what a way to make it stand out! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!
Beautiful coloring. Love how you used the colors to achieve shading. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Robbie
LucieGCards said…
Oh my goodness! What a nightmare you had! But you created a beautiful card - so elegant! Super take on our challenge theme! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours