Poppies galore

This week I had the chance to play around with Altenew's Paint a Flower Poppy stamp set.  I am loving the big, showy flower petals! 

On the first card I stamped with Versicolor Black pigment ink on Strathmore Bristol cold-pressed watercolor paper.  The I watercolored with Karin Brushmarker Pro water color markers (LOVE!) and stamped the sentiment, also from the Poppy set with Versicolor.  I fussy-cut the leaves to make this a border-y card and layered on SU Crumb Cake card stock.  The green patterned paper is from retired SU Botanical Butterfly DSP.







I am entering this card into Less is More #421 and Color Throwdown #597 challenges.




The second card was also stamped with Versicolor Black pigment ink on Strathmore Bristol paper and colored with Karin markers then fussy-cut.  I mounted this on SU Thick Whisper White card stock and layered it on top of retired SU So Very Velum and See a Silhouette DSP.  The sentiment is from the Paint a Flower Anemone stamp set.


I was late to the game to get this one posted, so I missed out on the Paper Players Sunshine and Rainbows challenge and the Paper Players layout challenge.  Oh well, I still like the card.  Can you imagine finding a flower with different colored petals like that?

Wishing you all Blessings and Peace!
Jean

Comments

Lori said…
Great designs! Love the fancy fussy cut border on your first card. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!
Wanda Cullen said…
Awesome shading on your poppy! It makes such a great focal point! So glad you were able to join us at CTD!
Neets B said…
The deep purple blue flower looks so lovely against the pale green border, and I love your rainbow flower too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours