Clockworks birthday


Today has been a few steps back in the weather department.  Yesterday it was 70 and sunny and today it was rainy and 55.  But the weekend is looking like it will be incredible AND we desperately needed rain.  At least my garden is happy :)

Today's card is another dual challenge card.  There are so many great color and layout challenges out there that it is hard to pick just one a day!  The sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches #129 and the colors came from Colour Me Card Challenge #13.



These colors are MUCH more playful than the pastels we have been using for the last few weeks.  I have to admit, I wasn't too keen on the colors to start with, but when I was putting the card together they really grew on me! 


One of my favorite colors (that isn't purple) is Cajun Craze.  In the fall it is a go-to color, but for spring I usually don't reach for it. I just got the Arrow embossing folder and I really like the look it gives and the way it sends the eye to the sentiment.  This will be a great masculine birthday card to put in my stash.  

Stamp Sets: Clockworks, Label Love
Card stock: Cajun Craze, Island Indigo, Naturals White
Ink: Cajun Craze, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, and Sahara Sand
Tools: Arrows embossing folder, Artisan Label punch, Natural Trim

See you tomorrow!
Jean

Comments

Cindy Lovell said…
Gorgeous card! Love the stamps and the colors!!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!
Katie Melhus said…
You totally did this color combo justice! What a great masculine card, indeed. So glad you're playing along this week at Colour Me...!
Cindy Hall said…
Great job on combining the two challenges! Great masculine card. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours