Gettin' Beachy

School is back in session, virtally, of course and I want to go to the beach.  So....

Two challenge cards to post today.

The first card is for CAS on Friday (Nature) (which I missed the linkup to), The Card Concept, Just Add Ink, Time Out Challenge and Sunday Stamps (which I ALSO missed the linkup to, grrrrr).

I did this card twice, well actually 3 times, but twice that I liked :). 

The card on the right was first.  I stamped Hero Arts Layering Waves on Stratmore Bristol watercolor paper with Stampin' Up ink: Seashore Spray, Misty Moonlight and Sahara Sand.  Then I brushed the sky with Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Fresh Fig and Pale Plum.  I stamped the sentiments in Versamark and embossed with Hero Arts Sand embossing powder.  The sailboat is from OLLLDDD retired SU Toy Box stamped in Versamark Obsidian Black and colored with Whisper White craft ink.  Last, I made foam with Nuvo Crystal Drops in Ivory Seashell.  I thought the sunset purple was a lot overdone, so I decided to try again.

The one on the left is the one I am entering in.  I switched the colors and like this one a lot better.  I stamped Hero Arts Layering Waves on Stratmore Bristol watercolor paper with Stampin' Up ink: Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Lost Lagoon and Sahara Sand.  Then I brushed the sky with Soft Sky and Fresh Fig.  I stamped the sentiments in Versamark and embossed with Hero Arts Sand embossing powder.  Last, I made foam with Nuvo Crystal Drops in Ivory Seashell.  I tried to doodle a sailboat, but that didn't go well 😬, so I put the sentiment on top... classic paper craft fix!






 

The second card is for Global Design Project, CAS Colours and Sketches, Color Throwdown, Freshly Made Sketches,

 I stamped Stampin Up Beautiful Friendship on Whisper White card stock with Pool Party, Highland Heather and Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry inks.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up Music From The Heart. and I added a few rhinestones.  The base is Pool Party card stock.

When I was playing with the colors for the beach scene, I decided that this is my current favorite color combo:  Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Lost Lagoon, and Pretty Peacock. Beautiful!

 

That's it for today. Hope you have a great rest of your weekend!

Comments

What a beautiful card and love the design! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!
sandie said…
wow you have been crafty! All 3 cards are fab and your card for Time Out is stunning. I love all that blending-it works so well and what fabulous texture-the waves look so real! I am drawn to the writing in the sand-so creative and always good to hear a crafty hiccup and how you touched it up-I am not a fan of re-doing cards for a little hiccup and often cover up mistakes! So good to see you at Time Out x
Fun beachy cards, I like the way you have captured the wave/sea foam effect. Chantell Just Add Ink
Amy O said…
These beach cards are fun! I love the texture and the sentiment carved in the sand looks so realistic. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!
Lori said…
Great designs! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!
Shauna said…
Such beautiful cards! I like the summer look of the beach and the unique texture that you added. Your flowers are also so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out!
- Shauna
Jen Timko said…
What wonderful cards! I love the beautiful flowers. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!
Nikki Spencer said…
This is such a lovely textural card and a fabulous little beach scene! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.
ColourmehappyDi said…
Such a clever way to make the sea foam. I love the shine & texture it added to your serene sea view. Thanks for playing along with our Just Add Ink colour challenge.
Di
Jan said…
Two gorgeous cards Jean! I love the details in your first pic - esp how you have made the sea foam look so realistic - I can almost smell the sea air! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.
YoonYoung Kim said…
Love this bold flower stamps. Such a nice take on the colors on your card! Love it!!! Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge!
Shona Chambers said…
Just had to pop in and say your beach cards are phenomenal!! The sand embossing powder is genius and the way you did the foam with the Nuvo Drops is incredible. I'm over the moon you shared these with us at TIME OUT!
Esther Asbury said…
Wow! I love how you created the foamy waves on these super fun sea-side cards! Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept!
Marcie Sharp said…
The texture on your beach cards is amazing! Love it. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours