Spring Flowers in August

Another week has flown by and August has come in with its normal heatwave.  I keep wishing for rain as the clouds part on their way through town.  Sigh, I'll go get the hose....

Today I have 2 cards to share with you.

The first card starts with a base of Stampin' Up Terracotta Tile.  I love the mellow hue that it sets for the daffodils, and it reminded me of an unusual color combination that I have seen in a newer variety of the flower.  Just to clear the air... daffodils bloom in February in north Texas and are one of our first signs of spring.  So it isn't really a summer flower here, though I know other areas of the country/world it would bloom much later and might be considered an early summer flower. 

 I used a retired SU mask with SU Sparkle embossing paste mixed with a little terracotta ink to create the trellis pattern.  While that was drying I stamped the flowers with Altenew Paint-a-Flower Daffodils set in Versamark black and clear embossing powder.  I water colored the flowers with Terracotta Tile, Blushing Bride and Garden Green inks.  The sentiment is from Altenew Paint-a-Flower Paeonia Japonica.

This card is being entered into CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge, Less is More ChallengeFreshly Made Sketches Challenge and Water cooler Wednesday Challenge.

      

 


The second card started with a SU Coastal Cabana card box I made a.long.time.ago.  I found it in my paper stash and thought it would be a great base for this sketch.  I have no idea what the measurements are, but if you are interested I can figure it out.

I stamped the flowers from Altenew Paint-a-Flower Paeonia Japonica on Strathmore Bristol water color paper with Versamark black and clear embossing powder.  They are colored with Stampin' Blends Light and Dark Magenta Madness, Daffodil Delight (with Bumblebee Stampin' Write marker in the center) and Light Soft Seafoam for the leaves.  I did a water color wash of Coastal Cabana for the background. The sentiment is from the Altenew Paint-a-Flower Daffodils set.



I am entering this one into Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge and Fab Friday Challenge.

      

That is it for today!  Have a great weekend and Happy Crafting!!

Comments

Heather said…
So pretty! Those magenta flowers leap off the screen! Love your tiny popped up sentiment, too - perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!
Kim S said…
I love the stenciled pattern - beautiful in Terracotta!! The flowers are lovely. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.
Love these, they are beautiful!! Great use of the colors and I love the texture you added on the background. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!
stampwithamyk said…
Very pretty! Love the touch of color on your flowers. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!
Amanda Mertz said…
Beautiful large blossom stamp! I love the Magenta Madness on those flowers...I can't seem to use that new color in a way that doesn't seem overly bright...maybe I need to try pairing it with blues like yours! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!
Amy O said…
These two cards with their pretty flowers make me smile. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!
Jen Timko said…
Lovely cards! These are both really pretty. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!
Craft-E-Place said…
Lovely cards. Thanks for playing along with the challenge at Less is More.
karen h said…
Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S! Your card is lovely - I like the variation of the green in the stems!
Michelle W said…
Two beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.
Gorgeous flowers! Love the water wash background so perfect to make your flowers stand out. So glad you were inspired to join us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.
Very cute and feminine looking. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

Robbie

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

3 cards in 3 hours