Two Birthdays and a Sympathy

Last week was full of birthdays to celebrate.  My niece and my dad both aged up and my grandmother's birthday (in remembrance) fell right between them.  I have cards for them both, but didn't send because we hope to have an in-person visit next weekend.  Hopefully everything will go as planned and we can see each other!  Here are their cards:


For my dad's card I started with a Stampin Up Misty Moonlight card base.  I cut the focal image (from Amazon) into Crumb Cake card stock and layered it on top of a black strip.  I colored the remnants of my Crumb Cake card stock with Stampin' Blends (Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, and Poppy Parade) and cut out leaves from Stampin Up Nature;s Roots die set.  The sentiment is from Altenew (the set escapes me and I can't find it now!) stamped in Cherry Cobbler.



My niece's card was inspired by Erum Tasneem's YouTube video.  I painted five of these with different color intensity and backgrounds and played with blending of my Karin Watercolor markers.

I started with Strathmore Bristol watercolor paper and stamped the Altenew Paint-a-Flower Carnation in PinkFresh Detail Black ink.  I dabbed and colored with Karin markers and let it dry, then I watercolored the background with gray ink, which was way too bland for me so I used a little of the green mix from the stems to make a green/gray ombre look.  Much better!  The sentiment is from Altenew Breezy Bouquet, stamped in versamark on Basic Black card stock, embossed with SU gold, and die cut with Altenew sentiments dies.

Also last week, we heard that my cousin suddenly lost her husband.  She lives across the country, but I wanted to send a few words.

I stamped the leaf branch from Stampin' Up Forever Fern in Misty Moonlight ink and cut it out with the matching dies, then I brushed around the hole with Crumb Cake ink.  I stamped the sentiment from Stampin' Up Lasting Lily in Night of Navy and mounted the front on Misty Moonlight card stock and then on a Crumb Cake card base.  I mounted the leaf branch with Dimensionals and added a few Dew Drops to move the eye across the card.




I am entering this one into the CAS Colours and Sketches challenge.

 

 

Thats it for now.  Have a great week, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours