Its time to BBQ!

 Well, not really.  We are enjoying a 106 degree day today, which feels like 113.  Not fun, but my fan is on and I am seriously thankful to the people who invented the air conditioner and to God, who gave them the knowledge. I'm also thankful that tomorrow a cold front is coming so it will only be 95.  Summer in Texas!!

 

 

 I have two cards to share today.  The first is for Color Throwdown #606 , Freshly Made Sketches #448, and The Flower Challenge - Add Sparkle.

I started with a piece of Stampin Up Whisper White card stock.  I cut away the middle to make the slash and used SU Pink glitter paper underneath, popping up the white above.  Then I added 2 strips of SU Gold glitter paper.  I stamped the florals (ferns) from the Forever Fern stamp set in Pool Party, Petal Pink, Powder Pink and Crumb Cake inks and fussy cut them.  Lastly I die cut the swirls from SU Swirly Snowflakes dies in Gold glitter paper.  The sentiment is also from Forever Fern and was stamped in Blushing Bride.  I trimmed the front and mounted it on a crumb cake base.

My second card is for Global Design Project, Papercraft Crew Challenge, and Case this Sketch Challenge.

I just got the new Simon Says Stamps August Card Kit in the mail, so I decided to make something summery with it.  I started with a piece of green patterned paper from Doodlebug Designs and die cut the circle.  The grill, accessories and sentiment are from the SSS Summertime BBQ set stamped in Versamark Obsidian Blake ink on SU Whisper White card stock.  These were colored with SU Stampin Blends and Stampin Write markers in Granny Apple Green, Calypso Coral, Bumblebee, Crushed Curry, Cinnamon Cider  and Grey Granite.  The heat rays are from SSS Hello Sunshine, also part of the August kit.  The card front is mounted on a Calypso Coral card stock base.


 I am entering this card into:

That's it for today.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

Jen Brum said…
This is such a great card! Love the sparkly banner and foliage! 113 is a little (okay a lot) too hot for me!! I don't know how you Texans do it! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!
Jan Musselman said…
The barbecue theme is perfect for this challenge! Thanks for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!
Darnell said…
What a great flower design, Jeanie! I also got such a kick out of your delightful BBQ card! You rocked all the challenges on both cards and I thank you for adding schparkle to The Flower Challenge! Hugs, Darnell GD
Kim S said…
Definitely thank goodness for AC!! I love what you created - such a beautiful bouquet from the fern set. And the BBQ scene is just right for these hot days. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.
Lee Ann Barrett said…
What a beautiful spray of foliage! It makes for such a pretty, and classic card. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.
Kim said…
Your cards are all fantastic! Love the BBQ scene card and it is so perfect for summer! Thank you for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!
Cécile RIBON said…
This soft color flower bouquet is absolutely delightful! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches.
Ericka Strange said…
Beautiful card and I love all the sparkle and colors. SO pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge!

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours