Chalkboard stamping

 This week I took on the challenge of making a chalkboard card.  I had forgotten how much fun these are to make!  It makes me remember school days and breaking into fall.

This card was made for Global Design Project, Time Out Challenges, Less is More Challenge, The Color Throwdown, Hand Stamped Sentiments, and Case This Sketch.  I don't normally combine that many challenges, but it seems everyone has fall on their mind this week!


 

I started with Stampin' Up Basic Black card stock and pulled out my favorite fall stamps, French Foliage and Painted Harvest.  I stamped the leaves from French Foliage in Whisper White Craft ink.  I made a palate of pigment ink colors with Whisper White craft reinker mixed with Tangerine Tango, Terracotta Tile and Hello Honey inks.  I stamped the base of the sunflower several times in Tangerine Tango and quick heat set(the color kept soaking into the paper to the point I couldn't see the colors anymore!) then restamped again with Terracotta Tile.  The top layer was stamped with Hello Honey and heat set.  Lastly I added a little more white to the Terracotta Tile palate and stamped the center.  Once it all set for a few minutes (and I heat set it) it was still too sticky to continue so I added clear embossing powder to set it all permanently.  I flicked some Terracotta Tile ink on the background and stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Hello Sunshine set in Whisper White craft ink and popped it up with Dimentionals.

So, I uploaded the pictures to post and then rethought.  I like, but it is missing something, so I decided to mess with it.  Yep, usually not the best plan.



I added a few dots of Copper Penny Nuvo Crystal Drops.  Then I pulled out the Stampin' Blends (Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Cinnamon Cider) and made a few lines to delineate the center and some petals. Ok, in hindsight I probably shouldn't have done that. Someday I will learn.  Maybe.


Just a note, I am entering the one I didn't "fix" into the challenges.  Just sayin'!


Here is my color combo.  I love my reinkers and I wish I had figured that out sooner!

Here are the challenges:

 

Ta for now!

Comments

Shauna said…
What a unique design! Great use of ink and I like this unique flower that you fashioned. Thanks for playing at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna
Wanda Cullen said…
Very creative take on the throwdown colors! Love this CAS design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!
sandie said…
Super card-I like you went for this dramatic look for a Fall card. Such a fun way to make the flower and love those little touches you added. Thanks for joining Time Out x
perfectly4med said…
A lovely autumnal take on our chalkboard theme, perfectly CAS as well. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.

(BTW, we do ask that cards submitted to our draw are not entered into more than four other challenges.)

Neil
I love both cards and that you used the chalkboard technique. You created a card with so much visual interest and great layout. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.
What a great way to create an interesting card. I love the chalkboard idea and will have to try it. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Robbie
hat a wonderful take on chalkboard stamping. Thanks so much for joining us at Less Is More.

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours