Two new cards for spring


For a long time I didn't make time to craft.  I was on Pinterest getting ideas and visited blogs to see others creations but did virtually no paper crafting of my own.  I'm trying to change that and this blog is my proof. Except when I don't post what I have made! So, I'm sorry it is so late coming, but at least its out!

 Here are two different cards that I made Sunday and Monday:


I finally got my hands on the Wetlands stamp set.  At first I wasn't excited about it, but then I began to see the beautiful artwork being made with it and I had to try it out too.  This week there are two different challenges that use the same flavor color combo: Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Pool Party.  So I'm going to enter into both if I haven't missed the deadlines....




The other card is done with one of my favorite ALL TIME stamp sets that Stampin' Up has ever released.  It is called Blessed Easter and I have used it over and over again since it came out (2009, I think...) The color combo was inspired by Dynamic Duo Challenge #97


I've seen layering like this before but I wanted to try it with these shades.  The 'official' colors are Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise; I added Summer Starfruit to the mix because I wanted to mimic the primary shades of blue-red-yellow.  I used Birds of a Feather DSP, white embossing, and the Petite Petals punch.  The center of the flower is from a retired pompom ribbon from a couple years ago... yes I keep stuff around!  Its possible I have been accused of hoarding, but I disagree!


Comments

Angel Johns said…
Your card turned out fantastic. I love the little girl. So precious! Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!
LeAnne said…
Both cards are lovely....I happen to love that CTD color combination, as well as your three elements from Wetlands! Thanks so much for sharing this and playing with my PP "three spree" challenge!
Tenia Nelson said…
Both cards are very nice!! Thanks for playing at Dynamic Duos!!!
Anne Marie Hile said…
What a great way to use the Wetlands stamp set! Both cards are so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players and Dynamic Duos! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours