Orange you glad its spring?

Orange is not my favorite color. There. I said it. I don't wear it, I don't design with it, and I rarely craft with it... Well except for Halloween. So when I saw this weeks Colour Me card challenge challenge  to use only Pumkin Pie and neutrals I made myself get out of my comfort zone and do it!


I am still thinking spring and thought I'd use orange as a pop of color rather than my normal drenching. I used a long-retired stamp set Easter Blossoms and the butterfly from Nature Walk with Crumb Crake ink.

Then I went a little crazy and made another one.


This is a bit more in my wheelhouse!  The stamps are from  Life in the Forest and ABC-123 Outline Alphabet & Numbers. The patterned DSP is retired Lets Eat Cake. My neutrals are Sarah Sand, Crumb Cake, and Cajun Craze. The layout is courtesy of Try Stampin on Tuesday.


 

I  really do love that fox!

Tomorrow.... More colors, more cards!

Comments

Katie Melhus said…
Both of these are great, I love when I'm inspired to get out of my crafty comfort zone, and it really payed off here! So glad you're playing along this week at Colour Me...!
Unknown said…
Both of your cards are perfect! Good for you for getting out of your comfort zone... I'd say it payed off! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me...! this week!
Tara Bourgoin said…
So, so glad you jumped right out of your comfort zone! Those Easter Blossoms with the little butterfly are absolutely gorgeous. I love the flourishes around the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week!

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours