Dropping you a Line

Its been a VERY long time since I last posted.  So many things in the past 6 years.  Here is a quick rundown.

I now have 2 high schoolers.  OMG! Yep. Whew. I can't believe it either.
Both kids are swimmers and sing in choir.  The boy plays water polo too.
I am no longer a Stampin' Up demonstrator, but I still use their high-quality products.
I have been working for Magnolia Realty for 2 years now, doing contract in the back office.
I got my real estate license in January.  Not going active, but now I can do more for Magnolia.
Yes, it is the Magnolia from "Fixer Upper".  No, I have never met Chip and Jo.
I am also doing some contract programming and graphic design.

So, needless to say my days are still a little bit frazzled, and I still can't manage to pull out the meat to defrost for dinner.  But I'm working on it.


I have continued my scrapbooking a little, but have been mostly focused on cards.  Recently I found a new challenge site - The Male Room - and decided to give it a go.  I have 2 boys in the house and need a little male creative inspiration.  The current challenge is At My Grandfather's House.  Both my Grandfathers had amazing life stories, but one was an avid fisherman.  He would take his boat out nearly every day to catch and I remember going out with him very early in the morning.  He made me bait my own hook with earthworms, but he cleaned the fish we caught, usually catfish, and my grandmother would fry it up for dinner.  Yummy!  And her pies!.... anyway....

This card was inspired by Grandpa and my fond memories of him on the water.  I used Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Seaside Spray, and Night of Navy paper and Stampin' Blends with Momento Black ink.  I highlighted with Sakura Jelly Roll white gel ink.  The stamp set is Penny Black "Dropping you a Line".  I originally bought it for my BIL birthday card, but it really is a great little set and I am finding other ways to use it.  Here I was practicing my Stampin' Blends coloring skills.  I am definitely a work in progress on my coloring/blending, but I was very happy with the result on this card!

Thanks for stopping by!  I will try to post again soon!!
Jean



Comments

Andreja said…
You made such a beautiful card on this theme :-)) I like your fishing Grandfather!
Thank you so much for creating with us at The Male Room.
Wickcliss said…
Such a lovely image for the challenge. Love the colours you have used too. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room, take care and stay safe, Clarissa, DT.

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours