Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

ColourQ #144... just in time!

This weeks ColourQ challenge was a patriotic combo:  Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral, Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, and White.  I thought flags and kids and fireworks!  But then I was sitting at the baseball fields waiting for fireworks to start and listening to a band play a little Springsteen when the idea came for this card:


Nothing says Independence more than the free spirit of ROCK!  And yes, my grunge factor kicked in again this week.  I used Grunge Rock to liven this up.  Oh, and I didn't have any Brocade Blue paper, ran out at least a year ago, BUT I did have the very classic Buckaroo Blue paper and ink to use instead.  I hope you like this throwback as much as I loved creating it!

3 comments:

Jen said...

It's been a while since I've seen Buckaroo Blue around the stamping block but it totally works here! Love the grungy factor of your card! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Very cool Jean! I love the background - it's awesome! Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ this week!

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Jean, Great take on these colors! Thanks for joining us this week at the CQC and sharing your card.


Please turn off word verification and turn on moderation!