ColourQ #144... just in time!

This weeks ColourQ challenge was a patriotic combo:  Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral, Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, and White.  I thought flags and kids and fireworks!  But then I was sitting at the baseball fields waiting for fireworks to start and listening to a band play a little Springsteen when the idea came for this card:


Nothing says Independence more than the free spirit of ROCK!  And yes, my grunge factor kicked in again this week.  I used Grunge Rock to liven this up.  Oh, and I didn't have any Brocade Blue paper, ran out at least a year ago, BUT I did have the very classic Buckaroo Blue paper and ink to use instead.  I hope you like this throwback as much as I loved creating it!

Comments

Jen Mitchell said…
It's been a while since I've seen Buckaroo Blue around the stamping block but it totally works here! Love the grungy factor of your card! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!
Very cool Jean! I love the background - it's awesome! Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ this week!
Sylvia said…
What a fun card, Jean, Great take on these colors! Thanks for joining us this week at the CQC and sharing your card.


Please turn off word verification and turn on moderation!

Popular posts from this blog

Gettin' Beachy

Spring Flowers in August

3 cards in 3 hours